Monday, August 21, 2017

Quite the Pollyanna

Cloudy and rainy here today. No eclipse watching for us.
If you plan to watch - do so with care.
I wonder if the science deniers will challenge this science, and watch without protective eyewear?
***********************************************************

One Faithful Reader warns me that the veracity of the emails from straight guys should be held suspect.

"Regarding the latest email you received about a daughter supposedly catching her dad jacking: I'm beginning to seriously believe that writers such as dad are yanking YOUR chain. Every time I read one of the emails you receive -- and the emails you post always follow the same theme -- I ask myself why they always involve supposedly straight men and why do they always involve children? Either the dads who write to you are men who haven't dealt with their gay or bisexual nature yet OR they're pedophiles relaying a fantasy OR they simply get off on writing jack-off stories and enjoy titillating you and your readers. Why don't such emails ever involve openly gay men jacking off and being "caught" by another? The latest writer even felt the need to assert his "straightness" by ending his comment with the statement that his wife "later gave him a satisfying blow job" or words to that effect. Why? I find such emails highly suspect and I can't help but wonder if others have thought the same as I do. What does the lovely Jean think?"





Well, I admit I can be quite the Pollyanna.

It never crossed my mind that these men were being less than sincere.
Am I burying my cynicism too deep?

9 comments:

Tex said...

I admit this has crossed my mind too. The problem is that there is no way I can think of for you to verify the truthfulness of the writer. So if you disregard a question because you don't believe the situation is real, you run the risk of not giving advice to someone who really needs it.

I'm a lot like you on this---I tend to think the best of someone unless or until they give me reason to think otherwise.

Thanks again for all the work you put into this blog. I really enjoy reading it.

Your French Patrick said...

I share completely this opinion. I often find a detail (if not several) which doesn't fit. Sometimes I searched on the Web a text which seemed to me delirious to verify if it was not copied/pasted from the frenzy or the fantasies of somebody else. I do not doubt the sincerity of all who write you, I am just afraid that here or there some people have sexual fantasies, but he who would prove too much proves nothing. And when I have this feeling, this does not tempt me to comment.
Love, hugs and bisous, my darling Jean and Pat.

Unknown said...

Great post as always! Like you, it never occurred to me that these were made-up stories.

Anonymous said...

Eclipse burning your eyes out??? Sounds like fake news to me! : ) I don't know about your e-mails - I guess some could actually be fake news. I hope you are well and feelin' good, bro. Hugs, Licks, and Strokes, AOM

JeanWM said...

To the faithful reader, I agree with you I 've also felt a little twinge but Pat is right, you have to assume they are legit. Even if not, the advice Pat gives and the comments have to be useful for that silent majority of men out there who only get on Pat's site for the comments and not the pics ;-).

Pat's site is perfect for females like me (straight and curious about you mysterious men) and I am amazed they aren't in the majority of Pat's followers! But seems from the comments, most are male. Pat and his faithful followers have shown me how little I knew.
Hugs and bisousto Pat and my buddy French Patrick.

T said...

This blog is more towards information rather than entertainment. Yes there are pictures but its not the main thing. Regardless of whether the emails are from a genuine place or not there has always been a lesson to learn from it for others. Thats how Ive seen it as.

There have been a few where I havent agreed with recently but you give your opinion and thats it. You move on from it.

If some have come from a non genuine place or of somewhere with ill-intent then that is a whole other thing. That is when authorities get involved especially if its the later. You just dont know the person on the other end.

André said...

I am 50% sure that the man was masturbating while writing his email. That's why my answer was harsh. That guy is not a gifted fiction writer. But as a pedophile, if this is his only outlet, and he doesn't abuse his child, let him fictionalyze. Nevertheless, he should ask for serious professional help.

Anonymous said...

Obviously she has never had kids. They can show up unexpectedly and without warning.

Anonymous said...

Pedos all over the internet. I personally have to be careful because as a boy, I did a lot of sex games with friends (also male). Even talking about swimming or wrestling naked brings out the perverts. Talking about jerking off together, sword fighting? Yeah, that's going to attract the wrong element. Yet, it is a part of the "normal" spectrum of sexual development, and our denial of that causes more problems. I just hope that element can find a way to control themselves.